FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I register?
Registration links can be found on the NECA (necanews.org), CPES (www.ctpower.org) and Conference (www.neca-cpesconferences.org) websites. You must be signed in to register. If you don’t have an account, you may set one up on NECA’s homepage. Select “click here for account set-up” under in the sign-in box and follow the prompts.
- Does having an account on the NECA website mean I have to be a member of NECA or CPES?
No, you may have an account on the NECA site as a non-member. Having an account will allow you to sign in and register, access presentations post-conference, and be on our distribution list.
- Will there be free wifi?
Wifi is complimentary throughout the hotel.
- What is the dress code?
Business casual; however, a lot of exhibitors choose to wear their company’s promotional clothing which tends to be casual.
- What is the hotel parking situation?
There is ample free parking on the hotel property.
- How do I make a hotel reservation?
Online reservations can be made HERE. You may also call 860-446-2600 and mention the room block for the 26th Annual New England Energy Conference.
- Are there other hotels nearby?
Information coming soon.
- Will speaker presentations be available on the website?
Yes, at the conclusion of the conference, presentations from speakers who granted us permission will be posted on www.necanews.org, www.ctpower.org and www.neca-cpesconferences.org.
- Can I get a list of conference attendees?
A hardcopy attendee list will be part of your conference materials when you arrive. We do not offer electronic copies. However, one week prior to the conference, the RSVP list will be made public on the NECA site.
- I can only attend one day. Is there a special fee for that?
We do not offer different registration prices depending on how many days you will be able to attend. If you compare the registration fee to other conferences of similar caliber you will find ours to be extremely reasonable.
- I have dietary restrictions. Can you accommodate me?
The hotel does an excellent job providing special meals. Please make your needs known at the time of registration and you will receive a special meal ticket that will alert the hotel banquet staff.
- Where can I get more information?
Visit our conference website neca-cpesconferences.org. Updates are made as the program develops.
- How are the two event days broken out?
Day 1 (May 14) holds the optional golf tournament or tour, opening reception (exhibit hall), dinner (with keynote speaker) and dessert reception. Day 2 (May 15) holds the breakfast roundtable, panel sessions with lunch and breaks, and our prize drawing.
- What is included in my conference registration?
All meals, receptions, sessions and conference materials.
- What is excluded from my conference registration?
The optional golf tournament and tour are additional. The hotel room requires a separate reservation. Bar beverages are on a cash basis.
- If I can’t make it at the last minute may I send a substitute?
Substitutions can be made at any time including the day of the event. We will even print up a name tag on the spot!
- What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations are allowed with a full refund up to April 30. Between May 1 and May 10 there is a $175 cancelation fee. No refunds are offered after May 10.
Sponsor and Exhibit
- My company isn’t able to sponsor or exhibit but would like to get our name out there; is there a way to do that?
You can offer to provide a door prize with a value of at least $50. You will be listed on the prize drawing sign and mentioned at the time of the drawing.
- I’m exhibiting and need help with my booth, but my helper is not interested in the conference sessions. Can he/she come at a special rate?
Yes, there is a booth personnel meals-only rate that you can sign up for HERE. This option is only available to exhibitors.
- I’m considering sponsoring or exhibiting. Does my company get anything with that?
In addition to visibility, corporate sponsors and exhibits each receives one complimentary conference registration (not including golf, tour or hotel room). Premier sponsors receive two complimentary registrations.
Golf, Tour and Young/New Energy Professionals Lunchtime Networking Optional Events
- Where is the golf tournament?
Lake of Isles Golf Club and Resort (Foxwoods) in Stonington, CT
- Can I play golf AND go on the tour?
No, since these activities occur at the same time.
- What’s this tour all about?
We will be visiting the Groton Naval Submarine Base for a tour and lunch.
- What’s the networking event all about?
Meet up at Red36 Restaurant for networking and refreshments.
Details about these events are available on the conference and NECA websites.